1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senior Editor - Cranium/Trivial Pursuit

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Moderator1, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Lordy. Would I LOVE a job like this!

http://www.mediabistro.com/joblistings/jobview.asp?c=jfennf&joid=90782

Publication or Company Hasbro, Inc.
    Industry Entertainment, Marketing
    Salary Competitive
    Benefits 401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Health
    Job Duration Full Time
    Job Location Pawtucket, RI USA
    Job Requirements Position Summary: Leads team in development of content for Cranium and Trivial Pursuit from concept through files shipped. Ensures that everything shipped meets our brand standards.

Principal Accountabilities:
    1. Leads content team in development of great, high-quality, on-brand game content that facilitates desired game dynamics, hits target specs (voice and tone, game difficulty, age range, etc.), includes writing content parameters, selecting vendors, conducting editorial reviews, and coaching writers towards writing great content.
    2. Leads localization effort to insure that games have a global reach without sacrificing quality, includes writing content parameters, selecting vendors, conducting editorial reviews, and coaching writers towards writing great content.
    3. Interfaces with partners both internal and external to ensure that our output meets needs and specs.
    4. Coaches small, fast-paced team.
    5. Ensures teams on-time delivery through nimble management of timelines and resources.
    6. Manages development of Trivial Pursuit database system to better manage our IP and increase efficiency.
    7. Partners with game designer to create rules that get players up and playing within five minutes.
    8. Partners with packaging and marketing to create naming, taglines, and copy that appropriately messages the benefits of our products.

Key Skills/Experience: Creative thinker with the ability to get things done. Ability to work under tight deadlines without sacrificing quality. Leadership and diplomacy; ability to prioritize and lead the team to get there. Content editing, content writing, copywriting. Impeccable grammar, excellent writing and editing skills. Proven experience working with teams across cultures, markets, and languages to ensure best possible localization outcomes. Strong in consumer research (playtesting). Depth of understanding of gameplay and content and how the two work together to create the product experience. Network of vendors, contractors, writers, editors, across domestic and international markets.

Education: Bachelors degree plus 5+ years experience creating game content, and 2+ years playtesting and creating great overall play experiences.

Scope: Responsible for content of all in-box materials for Cranium and Trivial Pursuit.

About Our Company Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS) is a worldwide leader in childrens and family leisure time products and services with a rich portfolio of brands and entertainment properties that provides some of the highest quality and most recognizable play and recreational experiences in the world. As a brand-driven, consumer-focused global company, Hasbro brings to market a range of toys, games and licensed products, from traditional to high-tech and digital, under such powerful brand names as TRANSFORMERS, PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, CRANIUM and WIZARDS OF THE COAST. Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com.

2. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I know. I saw that and thought that would be great. But it says you have to have five years experience in game creation or some such. Who has that?

3. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

What a totally awesome job. As to the experience, I would think the gaming world - virtual and traditional - is filled with peeps who qualify.

RB

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

My kid thinks it's cool when I bring home a swag reporter's notebook. Imagine the freebie table at Hasbro.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Cranium Junior might be one of the most underrated games ever. Probably the one thing in my son's closet that we all love playing equally.

6. spud

spud Member

Who the fuck has 5+ years of "game creation xp" let alone 2+ years of playtesting experience?!?!

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The effin board game studs who went to the top board game schools and hogged all the good board game internships.

8. spud

spud Member

Man I wish I was a board game stud. They only let me playtest Candyland for like a week before they canned me for being too liberal in the fucking Gumdrop Forest. Goddammit I knew I should have told them the Mamma Ginger Tree was too fucking much.

Draft saved Draft deleted