1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senior CLASS and Hockey Humanitarian candidates

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by ADanielPandR, Feb 9, 2021.

1. ADanielPandR

ADanielPandR Member

Following yesterday's unveiling of the Senior CLASS basketball candidates and the Hockey Humanitarian Award nominees, I am here to say I'm available for assignments delving into any of the community-service endeavors that got a given student-athlete on the ballot.

I have logged substantial experience with stories of this nature, both as a freelancer and through five years as the NCAA editor for a hockey news site (later a sports/culture web magazine). With a foundation of material from a press release, I can do an hour's worth of research to build a unique, substantive pitch and list of incisive questions, then go from there.

You can browse my sports feature writing portfolio here, and DM me on SJ or via Twitter if you want to join forces.

Draft saved Draft deleted