1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sending my first batch of clips....

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Thanks for comin' out, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Thanks for the tutorial, Dickens. I knew you could go through and read everyone's 'posts in about 30 seconds' ... about two years before you ever came on here.
    As much as I would love to bicker (once again) with what I'm starting to think was an ex-girlfriend, I think I'll go get some work done. Thanks for your continued contributions to the shitty attitudes in our industry.

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Well, Thanks for comin' out.

3. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Dude, TFCO, it doesn't matter how long anyone's been on here. Take your bickering to PM and get your questions answered in as few overlapping threads as possible.

If we were on the "Anything Goes" board, it would be a different story, but we're not. We're in "Journalism Topics Only" not "newbies harassing Jr. Members with less time since creation."

As for clips, phone calls (or even e-mails) are worth the time and effort, otherwise you're just killing more trees with little to no success.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Cripes. It takes a pissing match to get me to end my hiatus from the board.

Son, I don't know you. Don't think we've ever chatted. I admire your chutzpah; I hope you enjoy a successful career in our industry. But if you keep on the path that you're on now, you will screw yourself over.

There is nothing wrong with wanting good jobs at good papers. But to offer yourself as the cheaper alternative is cheap; you're prostituting yourself and making enemies in newsrooms across the country.

Perhaps you feel some on here have jumped ugly on you. And maybe they have. I don't really know. But I do know that there are a great many people on this board that have a great deal of wisdom. Perhaps you should look at their words and try to absorb their message.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

What exactly do you want us to do, TFCO?

Do you want advice about your clips/cover letter/resume? If so, snide remarks in your first post aren't the way to go about it.

And TFCO, I've seen people who contributed more to this board in one post that you have in 185 posts.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

bookmark.

Draft saved Draft deleted