1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sending my condolences to my bosslady, sportschick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Clever username, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Her fabled Grizzlies fell to those dastardly Minutemen.

BC-FBC--I-AA-UMass-Montana,0253
    UMass 19, Montana 17
    Eds: WILL be UPDATED.
    AP Photo MTBM101-103
    By AMY BETH HANSON
    Associated Press Writer

MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) — Steve Baylark ran for 169 yards and two touchdowns and caught five passes for 76 yards to lead Massachusetts to a 19-17 victory over Montana on Friday night in the NCAA Division I-AA semifinals.
    Third-ranked UMass (13-1) advanced to the championship game against the winner of Saturday’s semifinal between top-ranked and defending national champion Appalachian State and fourth-seeded Youngstown State.
    No. 2 Montana (12-2) saw its 12-game winning streak come to an end.
    Baylark scored on a 35-yard run with 12:10 left in the first quarter and on a 6-yard run with 8:33 left in the half.
    The Minutemen, who trailed 17-14 at halftime, pulled to 17-16 when Domenique Milton forced Montana quarterback Josh Swogger to fumble and the ball rolled through the end zone. UMass’ Chris Koepplin added a 43-yard field goal with 13:25 remaining.
    Montana’s first score was a 23-yard field goal by Dan Carpenter 3 seconds into the second quarter. The Griz went up 10-7 when Muckie Foreman intercepted Liam Coen’s pass and returned the ball 58 yards for a score with 11:54 left in the half.
    Montana ran the 2-minute drill to perfection just before halftime, taking a 17-14 lead on a 1-yard run by Brady Green with 10 seconds left.

2. Somebody wearing my socks called this a few days back. Heh-heh-heh.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

On the plus side, I did get to see one of my all-time favorite athletes tonight. I might recover, esp. if a certain somebody brings me some cosmos to drown my sorrow.

4. Clever username

Indeed, sir, you did. Well sorta. You said UMass was going to crush Montana, but they still won, breaking the bosslady's heart regardless of the score.

5. Clever username

That's just for starters, right?

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Some vicodin would help right now too.

7. What, no mushrooms?

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Dave Dickenson was there?

9. KP

KP Active Member

This just in, UMass still has the football.

Time of possession nearly 40-20.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Don Brown proves again how good of a coach/recruiter he is.

Granted, he had a nice foundation laid for him by Whipple, but still ... to win at UMass ain't easy. Most people prefer not to live on the frozen plains of Amherst.

11. KP

KP Active Member

Don Brown, next coach at Boston College?

Some are mentioning Dean Pees as well, how did that last go-around work out?

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I'd say so, but the people at The Heights, as Fenian noted in the other thread, would revolt.

Draft saved Draft deleted