1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Send me an angel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Jul 30, 2019.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I enjoy watching women sports, tennis, golf, swimming and track and field in particular. Women's soccer on the World Cup stage was fun but I'm not inclined to watch otherwise. Yes women hoops suffers alongside NBA, its just the essence of hoops, the artistry and athleticism.

I understand Rapinoe's point and want to see them succeed. Will more $$ in ownership help? Sure more $$ always means you have a better shot at succeeding. However, if its good, it will succeed, look at the poker phenomenon, bowling (pre-2000), NASCAR, pro wrestling. IMHO the more supporters you have the better chance you have to succeed and you just need more supporters who want the product.

2. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I've come around on watching women's hoops. Part of it may be that I have a 11 year old daughter who plays but I've watched and gotten in to a few WNBA games on TV.

I watch women's soccer as the level of play strikes me as pretty decent and there seem to be more scoring chances.

Women's volleyball is fun to watch as well because the rallies seem to last longer and it adds a bit of drama, truthfully the short shorts help as well.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I don’t know enough about soccer to be overly critical of the women’s game. They do do things i never could. So its impressive. It is slower than men, the shots and passes are not nearly as hard and fast but its good to watch on TV. I’m not going out to game. I haven’t seen a men’s game either in person. But i would wear shirts from a men’s team. I have an Arsenal jersey I bought on trip. I’d wear a DC United hat or shirt. I don’t think I’d wear a women’s team’s gear. Maybe that’s sexist.

Draft saved Draft deleted