1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Send me a resume and a picture of your wife

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, May 31, 2012.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

...and nary a one of the Vandy wives are "trophy" status.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Considering what Franklin has pulled off at Vandy, the administration should offer him prima nocta rights with the wife of ever assistant, no questions asked.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Lifted from transcript of Vanderbilt interview done after wife photos were approved ...

"What am I talkin' about? I'm talkin' about sex, boy, what the hell you talkin' about? I'm talkin' about l'amour! I'm talkin' that me and Dot are swingers, as in 'to swing.' I'm talkin' about wife swappin'. I'm talkin' about what they call nowadays open marriage ..."

[​IMG]

4. freqposter

freqposter Active Member

I approve.

What Franklin needs to remember is to tell the spouses of the assistant coaches how intelligent they are.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

it's starting to sound a lot like home around here.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Good thing Franklin is a minority, the bed wetting crowd is far quicker to excuse these kinds of politically incorrect sentiments when it comes from a person from a protected race, religion or sexual preference.

If dude were white guy we'd be hearing the NOW troops goosestepping towards Nashville by now.....

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I doubt many college football folks will care. The Vandy administration might, since they've been doubling down on the PC thing the last couple of years.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Of course you do.

You might want to get back to Barnes & Noble and work your corners. Hate to see you get cock-blocked by a Nook.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm not as concerned about idiot Franklin's comments as I am his "apology" Tweet:

On Thursday, Franklin acknowledged the misstep in a Twitter message, posting: “My foot does not taste good, I hope I did not offend any1, I love and respect ALL, have a great day, enjoy the fam & don’t forget to #AnchorDown.”

Is this how a grown man should communicate with others? I mean, I bet even Terry Francona finds this tweet a bit sophomorish. #WTFAnchorDown?

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

These tweets are almost as pathetic as what he said (his premise probably is true to a degree but you NEVER say it publicly. In broadcast news, everyone knows, for on-air applicants, the more attractive finalist always has the advantage.)

Franklin is a 40 year old man. He tweets like a 14 year old girl. This shows me that he is a "career assistant" who is now passing through as a head coach for a few years. We all know the type. The funny coordinator who plays good cop. It is far different when you are the top guy.

You have to model yourself after the best head coaches. Saban. Stoops. Snyder. They're boring. But generally very successful and fabulously rich.

This stuff will follow him around. Five years later, Mike Gundy still hears "I'm a man!" even though Okie State has won a ton of games.

Franklin, by his comments and his apology tweets, is communicating a few levels below what his position entails.

12. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Send me your wife and a picture of your resume.

Draft saved Draft deleted