1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senator's home raided by FBI

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Here's the column... and I forgot it was Cantwell who wanted to swear in oil execs before they testified and Stevens big-timed her. (I was also wrong on the date; it was spring '06.)

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/connelly/266095_joel10.html

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Jesus, are they paying attention up north?

3. frozen tundra

frozen tundra Member

Certainly political corruption would never happen anywhere else? Shocked, I am, at the naivete of those poor, simple people. Such things would never get past residents in sophisticated locales such as Washington D.C., or California, New York or Chicago!

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes, in the form of their yearly oil benefit checks... and all the pork that comes in. He might be a PITA for the other 49 states, but if he keep bringing home the pork, who wants to get rid of him?

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

What a novel idea: an elected official serving his constiuents.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

True in a way. But there's serving your constituents and serving your constituents while benefitting yourself and your cronies....
    Stevens goes way over the top -- no matter what his party affiliation.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

During the War Criminal-in-Chief's presidency, it stands as a 49ers-Broncos-caliber rout.

putz

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

First of all, I'm not wrong about this. The crook factor is split down the middle over the long haul, which is my point. You can pick any 2-4 year period, including from Democract administrations, and find some spikes.
    And why can't I make a point without being insulted. Though anything coming from you is a classic "Consider the Source" situation.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Name the Democrat crooks / pervs / hypocrites on one hand.

Rostenkowski. Tommy Robinson. Sandy Berger. Jefferson.

Now name the Republican crooks / pervs / hypocrites in that same time frame.

You will run out of fingers, toes, and be down to counting pubic hairs in the end.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

"Every senator's a crook...except mine."

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Or, lately, "They're all crooks, starting with mine."

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

A series of tubes...

Draft saved Draft deleted