1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senator's home raided by FBI

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Jul 30, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

2. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Another Republican criminal. What a shock.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

He's a crooked fuck. Has been for years.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Did they find anything in the freezer?

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

No, that's a democrat MO.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Sigh....Do we really have to start matching crooks tit-for-tat by party? Because no one wins that game. The final count is always about equal.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Do we have any Alaskan posters?

What is Stevens' political future?

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If he goes down, what becomes of Anchorage's Ted Stevens International Airport?

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The polar bears reclaim their rightful territory, as God intended.

11. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy...

He's safe, unfortunately. Alaskans love him because of all the money he brings up there (think of the Bridge to Nowhere). But he has no qualms about playing hardball to get what he wants.

I remember there was an amendment to some legislation a few years ago (IIRC) in which he was demanding Alaska's wilderness be opened to up for oil exploration. The money, supposedly, was going to help the military do something - I can't recall what - but he was adamant that voting no on this would (paraphrasing) be like giving our troops a giant fuck-you.

Maria Cantwell from Washington was the loudest opposition. Stevens stood on the Senate floor (the amendment was voted down, I think) and promised her he was coming to Washington to campaign like hell against her. He followed through; I remember the P-I political columnist essentially wrote he should take his ass back to Anchorage, and she ended up getting re-elected anyway.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Good info, Hustle.

Draft saved Draft deleted