1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senate dropping "END OF LIFE CLAUSE" from bill

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedSmithClone, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Of course it should. And no one's saying it shouldn't. But having a doctor's involvement allows you to make sure you haven't skipped anything, that you know exactly what you do and don't want.

It's one thing to say 'I don't want to be kept alive by artificial means.' But does that mean no ventilators, or does that mean no IVs?

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Um, why isn't this in News and Sports or Politics?

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Answer: Because of Red's orgasm. Also Chuck Grassley's. Check that, he has been unable for that since the Carter Administation.

4. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Yes Michael, you caught me. But Grassley's eyes are so beautiful. . . .

It's not in Politics because going on this site from my phone it won't give me the subcategory as an option. So I just started the thread in anything goes.

5. I wanna be on Palin's death panel when her ticket is punched.

6. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Please. You idiots with this whole "death panels" thing and how it surely all came from the far right astound me.

The Obama plan rations health care. Period. Let's hear more about that instead of this "death panel" deceptive bullshit that Olbermann and his ilk scream from on high about every 3 minutes.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Any government health-care plan has to ration care. The government can only provide something for everyone if what they're providing is subpar. Can't give everyone a Cadillac, but you can give everyone a broken-down Pinto.

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I'm all for rationing care. Then I'll get some.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Well, I want the private sector, not the government, fucking it up.

10. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

You must be very happy with the status quo.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

System's not perfect, but forgive me if I don't trust a bunch of politicians who have their own private health care plan they won't open up to the public to enact meaningful reform. On top of that, this isn't about improving the country's health care, it's about consolidating power. I don't want the government involved in the business of health care. Despite what Obama says, there can't be a legitimate free-market competition. The government can lose all kinds of money and it can never go out of business. But it can certainly put everyone else out of business.

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I say f**k it. The health care system in this country is a joke and reform is needed.

If that means some douche doctor can't buy his 23rd yacht and, in exchange, someone like me gets to actually get a yearly psychical, then sorry doc, you can suck a big fat one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.