1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sen. Craig is UNresigning???

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Toolbox, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Toolbox

Toolbox Member

Flipping through the channels and caught Olbermann's Countdown on MSNBC .... he said there's an AP story saying Larry Craig and his toe-tapping issues is reconsidering his decision to resign on the Senate.

WTF??? Anybody have any more info on this?

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Yes, he passed me a note under the stall to say he changed his mind.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

He never resigned. He announced his intent to resign at the end of the month. He left himself plenty of wiggle room.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I was just about to revive the other Craig thread. Just saw this on MSNBC. Hilarious!

Olbermann now saying Craig discussed it with his 3 adopted kids, and one of the kids is quoted as saying basically that Craig did nothing wrong.

5. Toolbox

Toolbox Member

would the rest of the GOP really allow him to keep his post?

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

My guess is he made the initial announcement to try and buy some time to wriggle off the hook.

Whether his fellow GOP-ers are receptive remains to be seen.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

What are their other choices? I ask because I don't know. Can they vote to fire him?

8. sportschick

Well, they can't unelect him. They can try to open an ethics investigation, I suppose, but being gay or picking up random people for sex isn't unethical.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

They can strip him of all his committe seats, making him a basic non-entity.

sc's right -- they can't unelect him, but they can make it so he has absolutely no power other than his vote, which is about 1-10th of what Senators typically do.

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

They can make him sit alone in the cafeteria.

11. sportschick

Given that I doubt he has any intention to run again (he was borderline before all this came out), he could always switch parties if the Republicans want to act like he has cooties because he likes men.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He could sit in the corner in timeout, but a variation of that got him in trouble in the first place, didn'tit?

Draft saved Draft deleted