1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Semiannual Daylight Saving Time complaining thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 12, 2022.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

DST begins at 2 a.m. in 48 of 50 states along with almost all of Mexico and the vast majorityof Canada, and some of you want to complain about it.

Begin.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

It’s unnecessary and needs to be stopped. So much more trouble than it’s worth.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

This is the wrong question. DST is superior in all ways to EST. EST needs to die in a fire.

Driftwood likes this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Let's make the Lower 48 into one time zone, centered halfway between Central and Mountain. Either coast wouldn't be any more than 90 minutes off solar noon.

5. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

It sucks and it's contrived and I need every hour I can have to get shit done.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

My annual time to reminisce about how DST used to suck when I was in college because it meant one less hour to drink on that Saturday. The bars would close at 1 a.m.

bumpy mcgee likes this.
  7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I get up at 5:30 am to run. While I gain a certain amount of satisfaction from getting a 10K in before the sun comes up, I’m very much looking forward to running in the light of day again soon. Makes it much easier to dodge clueless drivers, if nothing else.

Driftwood likes this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

People complaining about time changes are more annoying than the actual time changes.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Bastards. Now I have to BBQ and drink margaritas every night. Dammit.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yeah, it’s gonna be brutal.

Need a hand?

ChrisLong likes this.
  11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Obviously you are too young to remember the "energy crisis" of the '70s, when they kept daylight savings time through the winter and we had to walk to school while it was pitch dark out.

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Uphill both ways, too. In the snow!

2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted