1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Selig might reinstate Aaron as HR king.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ScribePharisee, Feb 12, 2009.

?

But should he stop there?

1. Keep Bonds on top

20 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. Reinstate Aaron

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  3. Reinstate Maris with an FU to McGwire and Sosa

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. both 2 and 3

28 vote(s)
    50.9%
  1. "I'm thinking about knocking Sarsgaard on the melon and meeting Maggie in Biarritz."

Don't make it so.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Allow me to introduce you to three letters:
    C. B. A.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

That whole Wild Card thing is stupid.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Huh?

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You DON'T fucking paraphrase the money quote.

Period.

6. Bud saying he's "thinking about" replacing Bonds with Aaron has as much to do with reality as my thinking about that hot tub in Biarritz.

7. He's saying that just because someone says he or she is "thinking" about doing something doesn't necessarily mean there's a snowball's chance in hell of it actually happening.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Actually, it would be the worst thing he's done since becoming commissioner.

How many of Bonds' home runs were hit off pitchers who were on the juice? Doesn't that equal even playing field? How many of Bonds' HRs would have been HRs even if he weren't on roids?
    If you can give me an exact answer to those questions, then you can start determining how many of Bonds' home runs should count.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

With Saarsgard?

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Right. But if I'm thinking about going to the store, is it not fair to say I might go to the store?

You report that he said he might do it, you point out that it won't happen, and that's the story. But Simon's point was that because it wasn't put in quote marks it wasn't really said is asinine.

And Simon, sorry, but that's not a money quote. So any time someone's arrested, we should quote the chief saying "We've arrested Joe Blow on this charge" instead of making that the lede? Stupid.

11. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Will Steve Carlton be reinstated as the third-leading strikeout artist of all-time?

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You can't be helped.

Draft saved Draft deleted