1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Selfish Thread Alert: I'm a proud papa

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Apr 12, 2012.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Congrats. Fatherhood is nothing that I could have ever imagined. I got to watch my nephew grow up for 6 years then my first came along and I truly had no idea.

From the time #1 came along, I've never looked at mothers ever the same. Just amazing.

Enjoy every minute you can with Grayson. Make him throw righty but force him to hit lefty!!

2. dieditor

dieditor Member

Testify, brother, testify! And congrats to you, pern, on the little man. But if he's going to pitch for the Yankees, make sure he holds off on the curveballs until he gets a little older!

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Congratulation, BigPern. We're sure you'll be a great father. Enjoy.

4. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

He's beautiful, bp. Enjoy the ride of your life.

Mazel tov!

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Congrats, bigpern.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Best thing you've ever done. Congrats!!

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Everything you've ever done in your life is now meaningless when compared to the life you've created.

Many congratulations BP.

A Macanudo and a raised glass of scotch in your families honor sir.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Congrats

I think Luggy posted once that is you love the hell out of your kid, everything will be just fine.

Probably the best parenting advice ever given.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Congrats Pern!

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

What a blessing. Congratulations.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Congrats!

But more importantly, nice job with the name. Solid choice. Some people really mess that part up. :)

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Spit take. :D

Thanks everyone. I normally try to avoid creating threads about myself, but this felt too damn good not to. It's amazing to see little things that are passed on through genes, such as how his left eye doesn't open quite as widely as his right, something I've seen in pictures of myself my whole life. And he definitely has his mother's cute little nose.

I can't wait to start teaching him how to become a man, but for right now, I'm just enjoying truly feeling like one. Nothing could beat hearing my dad say, "I'm proud of you, son" yesterday. I hope my boy feels the same when I tell him that.

Draft saved Draft deleted