1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

self-promotion alert (JR made me do it)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bob Cook, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

If you've ever wanted to hear the dulcet tone of my voice, or you want to avoid it, I'm booked for 11 a.m. today on the Fan 590 in Toronto to discuss a piece I wrote about legalizing sports gambling, and why it would be good for the NBA and other leagues. I say "JR made me do it" because he suggested I announce my appearance after I sought his wisdom as to the host during that time slot, and whether said host would have me screaming about making the bad man stop.

If I use the word "defense," I'll make sure to pronounce it like it has a "c" in it.

2. JR

JR Active Member

I told Bob that the host Mike Hogan would treat him with typical Canadian politeness and deference.

Or is that "deferense"? :)

3. JR

JR Active Member

Oh, it's www.fan590.com.

Nice try, Bob.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

If you talk about the Mafia, will you refer to them as organised crime?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Colourful topic, indeed.

6. JR

JR Active Member

I wonder if the Fan's gonna write Bob a cheque for the interview.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Can you even cash a "cheque" in the United States?

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The last time I got traveler's checks, they all were spelled traveler's "cheques," so I guess you can.

The interview seemed to go well, even though I failed to pronounce been as "bean." Now I need to wet my whistle with a glass of milk poured out of a bag.

Draft saved Draft deleted