1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Selena Roberts: I think Whitlock was trying to out me; Chass is an old grump

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double Down, May 20, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

NY Magazine did something on her recently - it included a picture.
    I never knew you could tell just by looking at a picture.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Angry feminists wear bad shoes.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Second that. Thought I was the only one on Earth not into podcasts.

4. And they have short hair!

5. Boom_70

gray and unwashed

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

You can't, Moddy. There are some damn fine looking women you'd NEVER suspect went that way. Much like there are guys who hide the truth fairly well and look like they just stepped off the GQ cover.

7. Boom_70

Just stepping off GQ is the sure sign

8. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

I'm with Ace. I got into, and stay in, this profession because I prefer to read and write stuff. Podcasts, shmodcasts. I don't have time for that noise.

9. In defense of podcasts, they are the greatest invention ever for runners with iPods.

10. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Agree with SC.. and the expression.. 'I know a lot of straight feminists' is in and of itself incredibly offensive. Feminists were the moms and wives that worked the factories during WWII and then wanted jobs when they were shoved on their asses after the men came back. Feminists were the young women of the last four decades who went to college seeking a degree and didn't understand when someone asked if they were seeking their M.R.S.... I am a raging, dyed in the wool, hard core feminist. Married. To a man. With child.
    If you vote. If you work. If you have a life outside your home. You ARE a feminist. Deal with it.

11. Boom_70

Fair enough. Just don't wear bad shoes and shampoo your hair often.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'll "deal" with whatever I choose. Thank you for the lecture, though. I hadn't talked to my mom today.

Draft saved Draft deleted