1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Selena Roberts: entrepreneur

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Buck, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Buck: D_ber -- http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/96606/

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I don't think we have nearly enough threads on Selena Roberts.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

See, that was on the Journalism Topics Only forum. I don't read that.
    I only deal with Anything Goes because I don't think we should have ever separated the board by topics.
    It should all be one glorious mishmash of topics, seriousness and silliness.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Were you here in the early, early days of the board(s)? I can recall a time when all discussion was to be confined to journalism. I recall quite a few times where people were told to take it to the fanboi boards if they wanted to talk straight news.

Twelve or 13 years later now, journalism topics is the least trafficked area of the site.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

It's the third-most trafficked board on the site. I do like the Buck has held on to this grudge for like nine years or however long it has been since the forum was split up.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've been a member since Oct. 2002, according to my profile, but I thought I joined before that. It was post-Sports Pages but pre-Wally Matthews.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This version of the site and registration has only existed since October 2002. The only member to register before Oct. 9, 2002, was Lucas Wiseman. You even beat Moderator1.

I like the idea of combining Anything Goes and Sports and News, since at least an eighth of the shit in Sports and News is neither sports nor news anyway. Journalism topics only definitely doesn't get much traffic, but up until two years ago, it and Jobs were the only boards I looked at regularly. I am sure there are others that don't want the nonsense of Sports and News and Anything Goes. Jobs should be its own thing, and within it there should be a full-time jobs board, a part-time jobs board and a freelancer board that includes people who want to freelance and those in need of one.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I liked the pre-SJ board Sportspages.com where the best and most intelligent poster was Anon 3.18 :)

Draft saved Draft deleted