1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Selection Sunday

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Yeah, UCLA is not coming in strong. I'm pretty happy with the pairing, even if it means losing in the title game of the Villanova Christmas Tournament.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

If they only played 3 games or less at the Wachovia Center, it's not considered a home court of theirs. This was how they also got to play in Philly in '06.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I am not going to make it through this tournament if someone doesn't muzzle Seth Davis.
    And Pitt doesn't deserve the 1. Memphis got hosed.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Since a) Villanova isn't the literal host and b) it's not at their home floor, then they're OK to be there.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Villanova will still pack the Wachovia Center with their own fans though. There's no doubt about it. It's going to turn into a home-court advantage for the Wildcats, but I guess you can't get around it. Just look at Duke playing a lot of games in Greensboro and such in past years.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Man. Those Michigan fans went absolutely nuts. That was cool.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Still, it seems like they're going against the spirit of the rule. Wasn't there a year they shipped three D.C.-area teams out west even though D.C. was hosting a regional?

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Number one in the RPI and they beat UCONN twice, Pitt most certainly deserves it. They also beat Siena and Florida State in in the non-conference. Outside of the the Gonzaga game, Memphis struggled in their tough non-conference games.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Added.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wow. Three SEC teams and not one higher than an 8 seed. I know it was a down year for the league, but ... damn. I guess Mike Slive really did have to leave the room during the discussions.

11. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Rough for St. Mary's, as Davis just said, they won 13 road games.

12. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Arizona and no St. Mary's? No San Diego State?

Draft saved Draft deleted