1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Selection Sunday-NCAA tournament thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Did your loved ones have an intervention after the first weekend or something?

I couldn't decide who to pick. I probably would have taken the points so that I got a Michigan win or a close Louisville win.

And 5 a.m. is rough.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Nah. Just didn't feel really good about either side. Gun to my head, I would have given the points. Was also pondering the first half under 64. Didn't pull the trigger on that, either. Can't recall how that one turned out.

And yes, 5 a.m. is indeed rough.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

38-37 at the half.

Nantz bonered up about how the 50th title game in '88 had a halftime score of 50-50, and how this year's 75th title game produced 75 points at the half.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Watched the last seven minutes after the end of a thrilling Rangers victory, myself.

5. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Yeah, I feel bad for you and your 13 paid days off every month and many three-day weekends (slight, slight exaggeration). Dick.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. JackReacher

Don't worry, I'm not asking you to feel bad for me. I don't HAVE to get up that early, but as you know, my life would suck a lot more if I didn't.

Anyway, it was worth the lack of sleep this time. Hell of a game.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Stitch?

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I think Beilein is a great coach, but he got outcoached. Too little Burke, too much Albrecht in the second half. Spike was nice in the first half but a turnstile in the second. And Michigan had no answer for the pick and roll.

Beilein not knowing the foul situation late in the game is a major, major gaffe. He got undressed last night.

9. JackReacher

Lennay Kekua won ESPN's Bracket Challenge.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I thought that Mich in the Final was a tremendous job but no answer to PNR? How about an aggressive trap at least? Change up to zone was good move but Mich just could not rebound.

Several times in the last 2 mins the Cards had to throw the ball to Dieng and ....NO FOUL!!! That was the fatal flaw.

11. JackReacher

Spike taking advantage of his 15 minutes by hollering at Kate Upton on Twitter.

http://deadspin.com/spike-albrecht-takes-the-ultimate-heat-check-by-macking-471737721

Atta boy, Spike!

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Chef's Chocolate Salty Ballers finish 2nd in Zags Plus Big Televen.

Draft saved Draft deleted