1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Selection Sunday 2011 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery Meat II, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

It's not a pretty non-con sked, no (Harvard was their best opponent, and they got routed). But they had three wins against Kansas State, one against Texas and one against Missouri. Technically they DO have the biggest gripe, but it's certainly not at the level of St. Mary's two years ago or Syracuse/Drexel in 2007.

2. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

My Spartans taking on the Bruins. GO GREEN!!!! (And I called all the #1 seeds correctly.)

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's time for the committee to start considering margin of victory. I understand the sportsmanship aspect of it, but hell. Cap it at 15 or 20. But you have to consider it. Too much luck involved in close games.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

No, stop it. Colorado can't gripe. Win your fucking games.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm not saying Colorado not getting in is anything to lose sleep over, but I'm surprised the victories against KSU, Missouri and Texas weren't enough. Losing to San Fancisco, Georgia, New Mexico and Harvard hurt. Those aren't horrible losses on their own, but you got to win at least a couple of those to erase any doubt.

6. mb

mb Active Member

Dearest Seth,

Maybe when we expand to 96.

Maybe.

Best wishes,
    The Committee

7. mb

mb Active Member

You an pretty much everyone who even remotely gives a shit about BKC.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Have they cranked up the WAAAAAHmbulance in Blacksburg yet?

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Virginia Tech signed a tremendous recruit in 2007, Top-25 in the country and probably the best in school history. They all stayed four years and didn't make an NCAA Tournament. If Tech doesn't take the next step soon will the Hokies will have to start wondering if they have the right coach for the job.

10. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Didn't Lunardi have Notre Dame?

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Pitt-ND was a coin flip.

12. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Man, if Dick Vitale has a heart attack over Colorado, then that's a life wasted

Draft saved Draft deleted