1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Selection Sunday 2011 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery Meat II, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

More like SEXlection Sunday, amirite. No, I guess I'm not :(

Everyone get your drama faces ready! Especially YOU, Seth Greenburg.
  2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Harvard deserves to, but won't, get in.
  3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

They make a decent case with RPI, but their non-con is a little spotty and Colorado at home before they got their shit together is their best win. I'd like to see them get in on general principle, but I'm not counting on it either.
  4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

My back of the church bulletin math from this morning says the only real questions going into Selection Sunday are: Will the Big East get 9 or 10 at larges, will the SEC get three or four at-larges and will Harvard and Missouri State get at-large bids?

That's it. Comes down to the selection committee deciding is Alabama or Georgia better than Harvard and is Marquette better than Missouri State. Or vice versa.

From the non-Big Six conferences, BYU, St. Mary's and maybe UTEP get in.
  5. mb

mb Active Member

If you're having to make a case for deserving to be in, you don't deserve to be in.
  6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Dayton is going to have to pick it up in the second half if its going to force the committee to go to Plan B. I really think Harvard should be in, and really wouldn't want it in my team's region, but I don't think it will get in.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

George Mason disagrees with you.
  8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

My wife: Why is Charles Barkley talking about college basketball all of the sudden? And why is he wearing a suit that makes him look like an elephant?
  9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

What time do they announce the field?
  10. Johnny Chase

Johnny Chase Member

6 p.m. ET on CBS
  11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Reminds me of when FOX used to roll out Jimmy Johnson and those guys to talk BCS. The last college football game Jimmy Johnson had probably watched was the 1988 season Orange Bowl when he beat Oklahoma.
Draft saved Draft deleted