1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seinfeld cast to reunite in CYE finale

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jul 31, 2009.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

What about that episode of "Three's Company" where there was a misunderstanding?

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Loved that one.
    No, hated it.

Damn. I can't decide.

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

For a show whose motto was, "No lessons, no hugging," they sure seemed to be selling a lot of lessons in the finale.

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I don't think the purpose of the finale was to impart to Seinfeld's loyal viewers: Be nice to people or you'll wind up in jail.

I think the purpose was, "Wouldn't it be funny if the series ended up with everyone in jail?"

5. Johnny Dangerously

In which case someone with creative control should have answered, "No."

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Seinfeld was flying downhill over the last few seasons, which is to be expected. You run out of ideas after a time.

The salvation was going to be the finale, because David was coming back to write it.

The thing was like a cartoon with a clunky moral about the selfishness of the characters. Absolutely awful.

7. AD

AD Active Member

i figured out my problem with CYE when i tried watching an entire season back-to-back: too much george. in seinfeld, george is my favorite character, hands down. but i could only take so much of his self-destructive brand of insanity, and with jerry, elaine and kramer you always had somewhere else to go. you got this change of pace; jerry's smarm, elaine's hotness and humor and kramer's slapstick/hipster doofus schtick. in CYE, it's all george, all the time -- self-destructive asshole getting his comeuppance, and unredeemed by that over-the-top manner....i overdosed, and haven't watched since.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Good observation.

But, I can watch that all day long and still laugh and cringe at the same time.

9. Johnny Dangerously

JLD is hot, but hotness would not be one of the first few reasons I would say Elaine was a good character and change of pace. Interesting POV.

10. AD

AD Active Member

i said hotness AND humor. it's a great, rare combination -- and in some ways i think she was the best comic actor on the show.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Oh, I agree. I still bust a gut when I see the episode in which George got smarter and Elaine got dumber, opposite consequences of going without sex. Elaine watching the spinning tires at the mechanics' shop and then breaking into cheers is priceless.

12. AD

AD Active Member

she does the best fake-flirting of any woman i've ever seen....

Draft saved Draft deleted