1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seinfeld cast to reunite in CYE finale

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I've never understood the vitriol toward the Seinfeld finale. They had fun with it, found an excuse to have all the old characters parade through ... I'm not sure what they could have done that would have been completely satisfying.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

That's my feeling as well. I mean, what exactly is the proper way to end a show about nothing.

4. Guy_Incognito

How about making it clever or funny like most of the shows in the series that made peopel watch in the first place.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

In hindsight, the Seinfeld finale was very Curb Your Enthusiamish, but long.

What is the point of judging the entire series by one show?

6. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

They did it that way just to piss you off.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

No vitriol. Just didn't like it, but I don't know anyone who judged the whole series on the finale.

8. Guy_Incognito

I've never seen CYE, but I heard it was funny. I don't judge the whole series off of a show, it was a great series (until LD left) which had a terrible finale. There are plenty of shows that had bad finales that didn't bother me, because the show wasn't very good to begin with. It's only because the show was so good the the finale was so disappointing. To me it displaced St. Elsewhere as the worst finale for a great show. Cheers is gold standard.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Anyone who makes a big deal about it is.

It's like saying that you liked Saved By The Bell OK but that episode where Zach gave Mr. Belding fits just really sucked.

10. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

The bigger cultural mystery for me concerning Larry David is *how has he managed to stay in show business THIS long*?? I thought he was talentless as a member of the "Fridays" cast in the 70s/80s.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Apparently he figured out his talent wasn't in being a sketch comedy actor at that age. He's done something right, because the guy wipes his ass with more money than we'll ever make in 10 lifetimes.

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

That, in your opinion, is judging an entire series based on one episode?

Draft saved Draft deleted