1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seems my car has officially died...--Update #2

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by crazedchipmunk, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Re: Seems my car has officially died...

Let's just say that the first time they say something I don't like, I will be out of there faster than you can say "No deal."

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Re: Seems my car has officially died...

Stay away from the vending machines, too. That's how they get you.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

4. Re: Seems my car has officially died...

Luckily, I can share with GB for a short period of time. It's a good thing I work days and he works nights. I just have to leave work early certain days. I am going in with a set price in mind and if I can't get it, I will go down the road to someone who can work with me.

5. Re: Seems my car has officially died...

Acutally, I got the car when it had just under 74.000 on it. I don't mind GM cars but it seems that the foreign cars last much longer.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

My dad got a 2008 Honda Accord to replace the 1998 Toyota Camry that fell off the lift at the local auto repair shop.

I might have gotten a new Camry if I didn't hear about the dash and instruments turning out to be cheap plastic. But if I were you, I might get a used Civic if you're looking at $7,000.

7. Re: Seems my car has officially died...

That's what I have been leaning towards. The Hyundai or Honda.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's probably too late now, but I'd have the problem checked out before I performed last rites on your car.

It could be something as simple as a $10 thermostat. Or you might have a leak in a coolant hose. Or, if water is being pushed out of your radiator, that means a blown head gasket. Probably a $600-750 fix in most shops. Not cheap, but cheaper than going out and buying a new sled.

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Drove a Hyundai Sonata and a Honda Accord for rentals earlier this year. The Honda just sipped gas (30+ MPG highway), but the Sonata did almost as well and had more bells and whistles (namely a sunroof and XM radio).

I'd recommend looking for a 2002 or so Hyundai or a newer Kia.

10. Re: Seems my car has officially died...

I think I would almost rather just get a newer car with fewer miles than sinking more money into the car that I have. I just recently put $800 into it.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I had to look and see if this thread was from ijag...

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

CC, Mikey is just doing a Seinfeld bit. Pay him no mind.

Draft saved Draft deleted