1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seems like that kid really ISN'T his son (and neither is that one, or that one)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jun 30, 2009.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So says TMZ, about Michael Jackson and his, errrrrrr, someone's children.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/30/jackson-rowe-not-te-biological-parents/?icid=main|hp-laptop|dl2|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tmz.com%2F2009%2F06%2F30%2Fjackson-rowe-not-te-biological-parents%2F

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter in any way...plenty of kids are conceived via alternative methods, for a vast variety of reasons. These are his children.

Makes me sick that these kids are going to get dragged through this.

3. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

And by all that I have seen so far, what those children will be dragged through has set itself up to be just awful.

I should show this to my kid and tell her "see how lucky you are that we're middle class? When mom and dad go the whole kit and caboodle is yours. Who else would want it?"

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

His kids, spawned by the fruits of his testicles, right?

5. lono

lono Active Member

Agreed.

That said, his whole life was such a freak show that this was inevitable. It was going to happen.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

In the same way that adopted children are their parents' kids.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Are you joking, or just utterly clueless?

Adoption, sperm donors, egg donors, surrogates....all produce non-biological families. Nothing exotic or newsworthy or salacious about it.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I think sperm donors and egg donors usually only stand in for one of the parents. Seems like MJ had stand-ins for both parents, according to TMZ -- Deborah Rowe as surrogate mother, and who knows as sperm donor.

Why not just adopt?

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I don't know, why not just let the folks decide for themselves?

And not true that donors 'stand in' for one parent, it happens all different ways.

It's just vile to me that those little kids are now going to have their parentage exploited. Maybe they didn't know they weren't the biological children of these people....should they find out through the media? Disgusting.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Disgusting? Get over yourself. It's been more than 15 years since Doug Smith outed Arthur Ashe as an AIDS sufferer. This doesn't even make a blip on the disgusting meter.

11. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

She's just the girl who said that he was the one...but the kid is not his son.

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Get it right. It's "the chair is not my son."

And for the record, I'm with 21 on this.

Draft saved Draft deleted