1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking UNC-Chapel Hill Beat Writer(s)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by JME, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JME

JME Member

I'm going to take this down, at least for the time being. I appreciate all of the responses and we will be in contact with all applicants next week.

2. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

Translation: You ain't makin any money till we are. And, shock of shocks, we're not making any right now.

3. JME

JME Member

I understand the skepticism. It's a terrible job market. But no, that is not an accurate translation.

4. JME

JME Member

I'd like to add, and should have the first time around, that this is a full-time, salaried position.

5. DCguy

DCguy Member

What's the pay?

6. JME

JME Member

It's going to depend somewhat on the quality of the candidate. We will be hiring part-timers/stringers as well, so the more capable the candidate, the more we can pay him/her rather than spending it on part-timers.

Pay will be competitive and I'll be happy to discuss it via email with interested candidates.

7. SportsScribe5

SportsScribe5 Member

What publication is this for?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.