1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

seeking sports editor, The Post & Mail, Columbia City, Indiana

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by johann, Jun 15, 2011.

1. johann

johann Guest

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1261839

Company: The Post & Mail
    Position: Seeking sports editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires: July 20, 2011
    Job ID: 1261839

Description:

The Post & Mail, a daily newspaper in Columbia City, Ind., is seeking a motivated sports editor to join its newsroom team.
    The desired candidate will have outstanding writing abilities, strong organizational skills and well-honed journalistic instincts. He or she will also have a firm grasp of evolving trends in multimedia and social networks as well as eye-popping page-design skills. Night and weekend hours will be required.

Job duties will include the following:

* Complete oversight of the planning, production and overall quality of a sports department that covers three county high schools.
    * Covering sporting events (writing, photography)
    * Designing between 2-3 sports pages per day on a Mac-based InDesign system.
    Interested candidates can email a resume to editor@thepostandmail.com or can call Rick Kreps at 260.244.5153, ext. 203.

2. Kaleb_R

Kaleb_R New Member

Anyone know much about the area, paper quality, etc.? Thanks.

3. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

I don't, but I do enjoy the minimalism of the ad.

4. Blogtastic

Blogtastic Member

I've covered a few games in this area. Within an hour of Fort Wayne. Other than that it's pretty much your run-of-the-mill pleasant small town in Indiana. I know nothing of the paper, but I'm applying anyway. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted