1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking sports editor, Junction City, Kan.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by bpoindexter, Mar 24, 2009.

1. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

It's a hell of a time to buy, and I will be in a few months, perhaps as early as June.

And I probably made a blanket statement concerning apartment living that doesn't include all cases. Here where I live, apartments are, for the most part, really crappy when affordable and unaffordable if they're in good shape. The landlord who owns my complex recently moved his alcoholic, no-good son in under me. After about the fourth time he began a party after 2 a.m. on a weeknight, I asked to be moved to a different unit. The night after I moved in, the people below me said I woke them up when I walked into my bedroom so I could go to bed. WTF? Was I the first upstairs neighbor they've ever had?

So, anyway, in a bit of wonderful coincidence, a week after that, one of my aunts asked me if I would like to buy her house for a really, really good price and I jumped on it. With the tax credit, I can fix it up a little and if I ever need to move again, I might be able to make a bit of money off the deal if I can get the two or three major things fixed.

Anyway, threadjack over...resume regular business.

2. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Your house ramblings are probably more interesting than anything going on in Junction City.

3. apeman33

The only good thing about Junction City...

...um, no, there isn't a good thing about Junction City.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

You sir have never been to Mustangs. $1 never went so far.

5. apeman33

Well, once I was in Junction, I didn't exactly feel the need to stay any longer than necessary.

6. argyle

argyle New Member

Only good thing about Junk City - birthplace of Bob Horner.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

There are okay apartments and crappy ones, and living on $20,000 a year won't get you into an nice one.

8. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Shove it, Junction.

[​IMG]

$20,000 per year? F*ck that.

Work at McDonald's. You'll make more and you'll be home in time for dinner.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. doggieseatdoggies

doggieseatdoggies New Member

Anyone asking for $20,000, which was shit pay back in the 80s, should have to sit on that job through three freezes, then get someone with chronic grammar and spelling issues.

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Why come home for dinner when you can just take a 15-minute break and down a fillet o'fish.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted