1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking sports designer — Chattanooga, Tenn.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Waldo9939, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Waldo9939

Waldo9939 Active Member

Do you love sports? Would you love to design action-packed, innovative sports pages? Would you love to work with an award-winning sports editor who champions creativity, and is open to new ideas?

The Chattanooga Times Free Press is on the lookout for that kind of full-time, entry-level sports designer. This is the perfect position for an up-and-coming designer looking for experience at an award-winning newspaper. Designers who have previously held this position have strengthened their portfolios and moved up to bigger publications across the country.

To land this job, a strong knowledge of Adobe InDesign is required, and the candidate must be proficient in Photoshop. Illustrator is a plus. Basic knowledge of AP style is a must. The ability to work with agate type for standings — box scores, line scores — is essential. Training will be a big part of the job, but the candidate must be a fast learner to keep up with a daily deadline.

This is an evening position with weekend work and could include some news design. At least one year experience in publication design is preferred, and recent college graduates with proven ability, solid references and strong portfolios will be considered. A passion for sports is an absolute requirement.

Chattanooga is a city on the rise. It's one of the top outdoor destinations in the country with a growing, thriving downtown. We are a two-time winner of Outside magazine's "Best Town Ever" title, and we're within a convenient two-hour drive to Atlanta, Nashville and Knoxville.

Please send a resume, samples of your work and a cover letter telling us why you're the best fit to Matt McClane, Presentation Editor, at mmcclane@timesfreepress.com.

This is my soon-to-be previous position as I leave Monday. Hop on it fast because I know he's gotta a couple of people in mind already. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or email me at columbussportsjunkie@yahoo.com. I can tell you this: It is a great place with awesome people to work with and I certainly would be staying here if I wouldn't have been offered a pretty sweet gig myself.

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Seeking sports designer

2. TGO157

TGO157 Active Member

Tell Marty K. "hey" from "subway."

Draft saved Draft deleted