1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking Sports Copy Editor/Reporter | Hyannis, Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by SFIND, Aug 3, 2016.

1. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Seeking Sports Copy Editor/Reporter

The Cape Cod Times/CapeCodTimes.com is seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated sports copy editor and reporter with strong news judgment, a sharp eye for spelling, grammar, clarity and context.This is a full-time position with benefits.

The ideal candidate will be passionate about sports, multimedia, social media and the ever-changing world of the web.

This person will work on the night sports desk in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and handle a variety of tasks – editing, reporting and posting updates to our website, social media platforms and mobile sites.

In addition, this position will assist the sports team in producing the Cape Cod Times.

Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and six to eight samples of your work by August 16 to:

Bill Higgins, Sports Editor

Cape Cod Times

319 Main St.

Hyannis, Mass. 02601

email: bhiggins@capecodonline.com

2. AlexKHall

AlexKHall New Member

I interviewed at the CCT with Bill for a sports reporter job a few years back and I could tell that he would be a great editor to work for. If covering the Cape league and living on the Cape hadn't sold you on applying for this yet, consider this my thumb's up on the gig.

3. Zachary Holden

Zachary Holden New Member

How much reporting can be expected?

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Assuming the job search takes several weeks, you'll be moving in after the peak tourist season and won't spend a fortune on housing straight away.

The Cape is a place for three seasons -- three and a half, really, because oftentimes the bad storms will miss you entirely.

Draft saved Draft deleted