1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking relationship advice from the good doctors of SJ.com...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Oct 26, 2010.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Alma wasn't saying 'always do exactly what you want.' He was saying a marriage shouldn't hinge on whether a guy wears a jersey, and a good relationship should afford you the honesty to be able to say, 'honey, I love you and I love the jersey and I love that you bought it for me, I just feel weird wearing it to a game.' Be kind and honest and open in your relationship, so when you have to deal with a silly issue like a jersey, it's a non-issue (assuming your significant other isn't a narcissistic brat, in which case you have bigger problems).

I would never be so bold as to speak for my friend Alma, but pretty sure that's what he was saying.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Beautifully summed up.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Thank God for Halloween.

I'm wearing the jersey tomorrow. But my daughter and her Chargers' loving boyfriend decided that since it's Halloween, they wanted to dress up. So my wife came up with the idea that the boyfriend would wear his Rivers jersey, I'll wear my VY one, and we'll both get bandages and some fake blood, etc. and go as Zombie players. The wife and daughter are going as zombie cheerleaders. We'll all look ridiculous, but at least we'll have an excuse.

And as 21 noted, no one will have any video proof!

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

So now involves wearing makeup, too.
    Bad to worse.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Maybe it's a Minnesota thing, but if you go to a Wild, Twins or Vikings game, the vast majority of fans at the games are wearing jerseys.

Must be cultural, because I'm not understanding the whole "you can't wear a jersey!" thing.

I'll go back to my corner now, been lots of tomatoes thrown at me already today, what's a few more. *sigh*

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Ask Zag about wearing a jersey in the Burg.

Draft saved Draft deleted