1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking relationship advice from the good doctors of SJ.com...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Oct 26, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You pick your battles.

You do it at work, at home, at the library, on the road...

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If it happens all the time, then it can be an issue. I have no problem telling my wife if I like one outfit better than another or if she asks my opinion on something she cooked, I can tell her.

But some of it is just common courtesy. When my mom comes to visit, more than likely my kids will be wearing something she gave them. If at eat at my sister-in-law's house and dinner sucks.

I watch football on Saturdays and Sundays with my wife and I feel very fortunate that we can share in something that typically, a lot of women don't care for. Several of my friends have wives who couldn't give half a shit about sports and they clearly wish they did.

I'm clearly stunned that the response to this thread hasn't been a nearly unanimous "Of course you wear the jersey." Either there are a lot of single people on here, or people can't wait for Tigervols to start the, "My girlfriend dumped me, now what?" thread.

3. Mizzougrad96

That sums it up. Unless something really, really bothers you, let it go.

If wearing a jersey that your wife thoughtfully gave you as a gift bothers you that much, I'd seek therapy.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

What if your wife or GF gave you this? Would you wear that in public to make her happy?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Mizzougrad96

Sure. You wear it once a year to a Christmas party. What's the harm?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Where does one draw the line?

[​IMG]

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Outing alert. Alma is Abe Lincoln from the Geico commercial.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Tell her you'll wear it if you can cut the sleeves off.

10. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

Just tell her why you don't want to wear it. geez. shouldn't be a big deal. it's just a dumb jersey.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

No woman will ever like you.

12. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

I agree with this. By conceding small things, it makes it easier to maintain your primacy in big things. If everything becomes logical (e.g. a discussion/argument/battle), then things can go downhill in a hurry. Some of what Alma had to say is correct, but the odds of a woman remaining madly in love with you if you always do exactly what you want are extremely low for most of us. If you have such a killer personality that you can always say and do exactly what you want and it doesn't hurt your relationship, then good for you, and F you. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted