1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking relationship advice from the good doctors of SJ.com...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Seriously, just wear the jersey. It will make your wife happy and if your wife ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My oldest kid played little league for the Dodgers and he wanted me to get a hat that matched his.

I'm from the Bay Area. I hate the Dodgers. I used to have a shirt that said "Fuck the Dodgers"

Naturally, I bought the hat and wore it happily, because making my kid happy trumps the fact that I am a die-hard Giants fan.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

But will she be happy when beer is raining down on her.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They shouldn't be with that so much talent and so few playoff wins, but it's one of the most chill places in the country to watch a game. Going to Qualcomm is a lot different than going to the Linc.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I had a friend who was a huge Cubs fan. One day I go to his office, there's a huge Leroy Neiman print of Steve Garvey on the wall. This was in the late 80s. Steve Garvey in the late 80s, for a Cubs fan, would be like hanging a portrait of Osama bin Laden in your dining room today.

I stare at the print, I stare at him. He turns red. 'Gift from the girlfriend, I have no choice.'

They got married, and some years later he killed himself, although I don't think Steve Garvey had anything to do with it.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Outing alert - Mizzou is Marty Funkhauser

7. Suggest she wear it and make a big damn deal over it.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wear it. She is going to make you happy. You need to wear it to make her happy.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Flyers' fans are assholes. I still wish Tie Domi had been given the chance to pound the everlasting crap out of that fat fuck who tumbled into the penalty box. Instead, the guy got saved by the security guards.

And yeah,, he should wear the jersey. Once.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You know what, this could work. Tell you think women look hot in jerseys, huge turn-on, etc.

Although you need to stop her before she wears it as a little dress with heels.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

This sounds like one of those situations that can be eliminated with 8 little words:

"Oh my God! The closet is on fire!"

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Or try this?

"That jersey? Damn I mailed it to Vince Young to get it signed and it's not back yet."

Draft saved Draft deleted