1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking help with Boston trip

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, Feb 9, 2008.

1. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Are you crazy? Nothing tops the Ruby Tuesday in Newton. Except the Pizza Hut in Lawrence.

3. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Come on now, everyone knows that Lawrence's best food is served at Big & Beefy! Get your facts straight. There's nothing like a late-night, deep-fried pizza roll!

4. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

I'll second the JFK Library trip. Did that 30 years ago as a kid and it was great.
    Legal and No Name (that was my mother's favorite — my parents grew up in Charlestown, not far from the Bunker Hill Monument) are legit.
    My cousin's husband's family used to have a damn good Italian restaurant, but I think they closed it.
    Is the Erie Pub on Neponset (I think?) still open?

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Eire Pub still is there, bbe, drove past there recently. Reagan stopped in there during one of his presidential campaigns.

HC, you and JR are in a good spot, since you're a 10-minute walk to the subway -- though I wouldn't suggest doing that walk at night; think that hotel has a shuttle to the station, though -- and near some stores if you need to do some shopping.

All the suggestions you've received here are great ones.

I will have to disagree with Mr. Irish, though. Bova's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mike's. It's not even debatable. Took family there over the summer and they loved it.

If you love history, consider the Lexington battle green, depending on the weather.

You know how to reach me if you have any more questions.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

After the turd the Patriots took in SB XLII, Boston would be a wonderful place to visit this year. If they would have won and gotten the 19-0, I would have called the trip off.

That's just me.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If you have a car, drive on out our way and see Lexington and Concord. By the rude bridge and like that.
    Foley's on East Berkeley St. is where Boston cops and Herald personnel drink, being equidistant from police headquarters and the paper.
    Make sure to visit the tomb of Joshua Gee, the original Gee to hit these shores, around 1640 or so. It's at the graveyard behind the Old North Church!

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

By the way, a few rounds are on me, guys, provided I have those nights off. (Let me know when you're coming down.)

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Never seen one beside the one I saw in Boston.

Pour House was pretty good the last time I went in.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I will third the love for the Freedom Trail. Also, I really dug the Faneuil Hall area.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Wouldn't matter. We're there for the hockey. :D

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

We're arriving on Thursday, March 27 in time for the Leafs - Bruins game. Maybe Friday evening would be a good time to try out a few of the watering holes mentioned.

Draft saved Draft deleted