1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking East Coast-ish honeymoon suggestions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Omar_dont_scare, Oct 23, 2007.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of taking MrsExpendable to St. Augustine for our tenth. We stopped by there for a few hours a couple of years ago and we want to go back.

2. BRoth

BRoth Member

Random bump two(+) years later.

I'm looking for a good idea for the honeymoon, which would be between late June/July/August in 2010. I post here because we're looking at Charleston and Savannah just like many people suggest. Anyone have any updated info or suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Pack some extra water, 'cause it's gonna be hot.

4. East Baltimore.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Wife and I spent a week at St. Simons, and I was impressed with Jeckyll Island. Quiet, low key and I think considerable cheaper than some of the other Georgia locals.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Atlantic City is nice because you have the casninos but you're still within driving distance of Pleasantville.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Or you can leave the wife behind, walk a few blocks off the Boardwalk, and go to the strip clubs til 4 or 5 a.m.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.clarionhotel.com/ires/en-US/html/Availability?sid=4uMbi.ruukhgjxq.8

$100 a night for Jeckyll, and the beaches are public and practically empty. Cheap golf on the island as well.

If I stayed in Georgia again, that is where I would go.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Second this.

10. ripple

ripple Member

Have you not set a date, or were you simply being vague?

Not really any of my business, I suppose, I just thought that was a pretty big window of time.

I'm also being married next summer, and am glad you bumped the thread.

11. BRoth

BRoth Member

Date is set for June 18, but we're not being picky about going on a honeymoon right after the wedding. The Lady Friend works in education, so she's got the summer months off.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I think we're leaning toward something in South Carolina or Georgia, although we're still keeping our options open.

12. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

The Lady Friend works in education, so she's got the summer months off.

{/quote]

Does the Lady Friend know about the future wife?

Draft saved Draft deleted