1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking East Coast-ish honeymoon suggestions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Omar_dont_scare, Oct 23, 2007.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Another vote for Charleston/Savannah.

Or, you could make it a driving honeymoon. Drive to either Savannah or St. Augustine, then drive to the other with a stop in Savannah. I've always wanted to make that drive.

Avoid interstates.

2. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

Depends on what you're looking for. I think New England is pretty this time of year, with the changing leaves. Mystic, Connecticut is cute and romantic. So is Vermont -- you could take the Vermonter train ride through the state.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I've heard many good things about the bed & breakfasts near Narragansett, RI.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Charleston was ours.
    Great time.

5. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Ditto on Charleston. In fact, Mrs. Kato and I were honeymooning there 12 years ago this week. Great hotels and B&Bs. Top-notch restaurants. Great places to walk, both in the city and along the ocean. We did a night in Savannah, too.

6. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Cape Cod, but go prior to Memorial Day weekend or mid-week. Ditto for Narragansett-Newport, R.I.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Rahway or Sing Sing.

Get yourself prepped for married life. :D

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I would suggest Baltimore's Inner Harbor, Boston or NYC for American cities that are worth visiting. However, if you want a nice time away and want stuff to do, why not look into Bermuda?

Based on a location in the South-East, the flight shouldn't be bad at all. The price, if you go all inclusive, would only come in around $2k per person for an entire week. I have some friends that went there and they can't stop raving about it.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

northern Vermont in May is beautiful, too.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Many of the bigger Eastern cities have non-stop flights to Tahoe.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Northern Vermont always is beautiful, and same for northern New Hampshire.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Quick ones, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted