1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking East Coast-ish honeymoon suggestions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Omar_dont_scare, Oct 23, 2007.

1. OK, so here's the deal.

Me and the Future Missus Omar are currently planning the wedding and all that it entails.

The date's in May, by the way.

Trying to pick a cool honeymoon spot, that doesn't require a cross country flight, and won't break our budgets.

All suggestions are welcome!

And "in the ass" doesn't count as a honeymoon destination. Sickos.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

What part of the East Coast are you in now so I don't pick something too local for you?

3. Southeast. Locations in that region would be fine, too, just seeking suggestions...

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

If you're looking for someplace to relax, get away from it all, with indoor/outdoor recreation facilities, one place I'd suggest is:
    http://www.caesarspoconoresorts.com/resorts/covehaven.aspx
    The Harbor Tower room is nice. Those top of the line rooms are not only very expensive, but have no windows.

Then of course, you could always go to Philadelphia, Boston, Cape Cod, NYC, parts of NY State (like Oneonta - near Cooperstown, Howe Caverns, and other sites), Virginia Beach (after all, the state motto is "Virginia is for Lovers"...or at least it was that back in the 80s), Niagara Falls....

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've never scoped out ideal honeymoon spots, but I was in Baltimore for a weekend in May, and I was really impressed with the Harbor, and even walking through the city -- during the day -- was cool. The Harbor was gorgeous during the evening, but I wouldn't recommend walking the streets at night. After all, it is Baltimore.

I've been to Maine before and really liked the coastal locations, too. Very, very peaceful.

6. KP

KP Active Member

OBX? Never been, but would think it would be like the Cape for the Southeast. Myrtle Beach?

7. Outer Banks is tempting. I'd rather spend the week getting sodomized by a porcupine than honeymoon in Myrtle.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

OBX could be cool. I hear Camden, NJ is lovely during that time of year.

9. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

hilton head. nice. quiet. but a bit pricey.

outer banks. very quiet. but awesome.

savannah. easier to fly into/out of. river street is always fun. cool things to see as well.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Mrs. Oz and I honeymooned this past summer in New York City. Loved it. Spent the first night in Atlantic City, then hit NYC for one week. You can't ever run out of places to go there.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I would highly recommend Asheville, N.C., where we honeymooned in 2004 after a couple of previous trips there.

Not a big city, but a university town with many good dining options and a great downtown to stroll. Good hotels, but also lots of B&B options to pursue.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Northern New England at the peak of fall foliage.

Draft saved Draft deleted