1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking College Interns, Spring 2007: Various Locations

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by WestSideLax, Sep 5, 2006.

1. WestSideLax

WestSideLax New Member

WSL SEEKING INTERNS

WestSideLax.com is seeking interns in several cities to help cover lacrosse this spring. Successful candidates will become beat reporters in designated metropolitan areas.

These are unpaid positions. Candidates will benefit by gaining significant experience covering games on a tight deadline and by working directly with a seasoned journalist. We are looking for people who are eager to learn how to cover sports like a professional.

Depending on the area, interns may be asked to cover games up to six days a week. We will work with all candidates to get them college credit. West Side Lax went online in December 2005 and has since received more than two million page views. During the 2006 season, 125,000 unique visitors came to WSL in a three-month period.

We are seeking interns to work in the following areas: San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Boise, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Denver, St. Louis, Minneapolis, Dallas, Austin and Houston.

If interested, please e-mail your name and phone number to information@westsidelax.com, and someone will get in touch for an interview.

2. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

Wow! I can work for free and learn from the best in the business! Sign me up.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The words "unpaid" and "Las Vegas" should never appear together in a job posting.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Not only that, but you could work for free SIX days a week in some areas.

Even JRC gives you two days off per week.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What kind of seasoning do they use on their journalists? I'm partial to dill or basil.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I can appreciate someone seeking free and eager labor, but six days a week? You're on crack.

Draft saved Draft deleted