1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking an answer from a few of you

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by PalmettoStatesport, Dec 23, 2008.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Don't do it. Take the high road. Prove, if only to yourself, you're the better person.

2. deadliner

deadliner Member

I am in a situation similar to PalmettoStateSport. Thanks for all the words of wisdom on this thread. I need them, too. Take the high road and move on. You will never regret it.

3. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Don't bother with a letter. Break into his house and give him the upper decker.

4. lono

lono Active Member

Don't confront the editor, do maintain the relationship with the publisher.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Take the high road, but if you can prove that their talking shit about you prevented you from getting a job somewhere else, then I think you can at the very least send a cease-and-desist letter or sue them.

But there's no need to get involved with their petty games if you're already in a better situation. Like someone else said, living well is the best revenge.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

if you feel the need, make a phone call. don't put anything in writing.

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Write it all down... read it aloud... take it out back... do a couple shots of Jack... light paper on fire... light a cigar with it...poof...gone.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Want to stop them from talking shit ? Ask someone to call them as a reference for you. Record the conversation. Once you have it on tape take it to them and say you've got one of two options, stop or I'll sue for slander.
    There's a good chance they will stop what they are doing.
    Good luck.

9. dargan

dargan Active Member

Priceless

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Palm,

I echo the others who say not to get into this mess.

Beyond that, try not to worry about what other people say about you. Do the best job you can, conduct yourself as well as you can and let what other people think go.

You'll have a lot less stress.

Draft saved Draft deleted