1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking advice

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by UKWildcatatheart, Apr 6, 2007.

1. UKWildcatatheart

UKWildcatatheart New Member

Hello all. I need some advice. Recently I took a job but before I left the editor and publisher at my old stomping grounds asked if I had any recommendations on how the sports section should be after my departure. I told them my ideas, but since leaving I have noticed that they are not following what I had mentioned to them. The new guy is completely wrecking things.
    Here's my questions, should I even care, and secondly, should I fire off an e-mail both to the new guy and to the editor and publisher?

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It ain't your business anymore.

3. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Nope. It's like selling your house. The new owner can do whatever he wants. You left, it isn't your issue.

4. m2spts

m2spts Member

It's their problem.
    I'm a finalist (I hope) for an SE job, where the former SE is retiring.
    I suggested that he write a 2-3 times per week sports column, which I hope he does (whether I'm there or not).
    But he says he has no interest in knowing what goes on, and why.
    I like that attitude.
    As difficult as it is to accept, the paper will get by without you.
    Make your new assignment better.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No. STFU. You're outta there.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I agree with the above sentiments.

Keep it in the rear-view mirror.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Second that. You've done your part, now it's out of your hands. You can't do anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted