1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking Advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Dec 18, 2006.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I see compassionate conservatism is alive and well with at least one person on this thread.

Oh, and sarcasm font, there.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Sadly, Chris' problems have little to do with his politics, which merely tend toward the simplistic.

He's a douchebag. The politics just reinforce that.

3. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Chris L and spnited sound like hondo. That's to say, fucking assholes.

I guess they've never had any problems with anyone treating them unfairly.

I'd get a lawyer involved if they won't take the check sans the fee, because it ain't your fault.

Fuck 'em.

I hate landlords.

EDIT: Zeke and alley beat me to it.

4. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Chris L was played by Lionel Barrymore in It's a Wonderful Life.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Look, I know moving sucks. I've done it lots the last few years. But it sounds like you're living in a shithole place run by other shitholes. The fees, the aggravation, it's all on your own. Just move the fuck outta there. Go someplace cheaper until you get the house you want. Chances are it'll be months before you get to buy a house anyway. Save your sanity and do it. Fuck laziness. You have a way of avoiding all these problems and headaches, so nut up and do it.

6. Oh I'm sorry - I guess I should have offered advice he could use like pissing under the radiator or racking up a few hundred dollars worth of lawyer fees on a $155 charge that is most likely spelled out in the lease if he bothered to read it. Yeah - that's all great advice! Well done folks!

I wonder if a security deposit was part of signing the lease in the first place? If there was a security deposit (first and last maybe) - then you can kiss that $155 goodbye anyway. And to be honest - I'm not really buying that "bank held my check" or whatever dog ate my homework excuse was given for paying the rent late in the first place.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Your entire post ignores the whole compassionate conservative aspect, but hey, tis' the season, right?

8. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

OK, d_b.

Did I say to get a lawyer involved to the point where he had to pay them? How about finding a lawyer you know to write a letter, or make a call, as someone said earlier?

Go crawl back into your dark closet you miserable fuck.

9. Let's see - UnfrozenCaveMan here gave his landlord a check that UnfozenCaveman's bank would not honor. How is that the landlord's fault again? The landlord expected a to get paid but instead got a check that the bank would not honor. If I were the landlord - I'd insist on a certified check at this point too.

UnfrozenCaveman here could go to the bank and square this out but our modern banking system scares him. Instead he blames the landlord and you all agree.

Oh and fmrsped this is what you wrote "I'd get a lawyer involved if they won't take the check sans the fee". How dumb of me to assume that payment would be rendered for those legal services performed. I guess non-payment is the norm in your world. Sorry I didn't know.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Blah-blah-blah.

11. Looking back to your contributions to this thread - that is the most lucid thing you've added to the discussion.

You've offered no advice or support. It seems you just want to get in a pissing match. Trying to get that out of your system before the 1st of the year?

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

God, Chris_L has turned into an asshole. Guess his mom isn't putting out anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted