1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking advice: Marriage proposal locations

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Percy, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Think of the story you'll want to tell about it for the next 20 years. Don't be lame.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Agree with 21 -- go back to the college and find a spot that was special to you.

And also, if you propose via stadium Jumbotron anywhere, we will force Moddy to out you and we will come to your house and beat you down and not let you get married.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Let me guess -- your intended ran off with a Wookie?

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

There's a pyramid in Memphis. Just saying.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think you should create a thread and ask her on SportsJournalists.com

6. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

I'm with Ace. It's gotta be a special place for the two of you.

Good luck!

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

It doesn't sound like "no" is much of an option if they've talked extensively about it.

Either way, I agree with Ace more on the premise that you want to be able to revisit the place on occasion. Wouldn't it be nice to go somewhere that you could then take her every year or every few years? If you do it inside an active volcano in Hawaii, that likely will be the last time you see the place you proposed to your wife.

8. I would never ask anyone to marry me if I didn't already know what the answer was going to be.

9. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Given that we met through Springsteen, we discussed the idea of a proposal at a concert and trying to get a Bruce dedication. We finally decided it would be corny and not real romantic. So he did it at a restaurant overlooking Niagara Falls. I basically knew it was going to happen but even still it was thrilling, with just the right amount of applause from fellow diners and followed by fireworks over the Falls. Lovely! The next day, we went to the Springsteen concert in Buffalo and had a great time with all the nervous stuff already over with.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Amen.

Unlike real estate it has nothing to do with location

If your favourite place together was a seedy hole in the wall bar, do it there.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So where are you going to propose to HC at?

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Maybe the Limehouse Kilns, Rattlesnake Point, the butcher shop in Wiarton, Lucky Dice Restaurant in New Toronto or The Cellar Pub in Elora. Who knows? :)

Draft saved Draft deleted