1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeing the shrink

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doogie448, Aug 25, 2010.

1. doogie448

doogie448 Member

So...

I saw a shrink about five years ago, he did ok for me, he wasn't Freud, but he wasn't a quack either. I've been having some issues dealing with things recently, and I've been thinking about seeing someone again. Should I go back to him or should I start over with someone new?

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Are they related issues? If so, I'd suggest returning to him, if only for comfort level.

If they're different issues, it's really your call as to how comfortable you felt with him and how much you want to try someone new.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Whatever you choose to do, doogie, good luck. It's a tough decision, and I wish I had the guts to share with a counselor at times. I think that goes for most people...just a impartial but attentive set of ears to vent to.

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Agree with Dooley.

I found it beneficial goinging to a counselor just to talk through some family stuff and get an impartial person listening.

5. doogie448

doogie448 Member

Well, the decision got made for me. My old guy is motoring towards retirement and is only dealing with kids now. Immaturity aside, they assigned to a new person. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement.

Draft saved Draft deleted