1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

See, this is why we force them to tell us why they need to be anonymous

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sirvaliantbrown, Aug 7, 2007.

1. From a NYT article on couples in Rome writing their names on padlocks and locking them to lampposts:
    --
    So the tradition continues, if with some reservations about compromising on love. Some young Romans said that even before the new posts, the ritual had lost its appeal, gotten touristy. Indeed, two vendors sell locks on the spot for one to five euros. Families pose for cellphone photos.

"I would be embarrassed," said Michael P., a 22-year-old who withheld his last name because he was smoking marijuana. "It's a question of dignity. If I want to express love, I will express it in my way.''
    --

2. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

There's a student...let's call her "Lisa S." No no, that's too obvious. "L. Simpson"

3. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

That's funny. This is probably what the guy said to the NYT reporter: I don't want anyone to know my name because I'm smoking weed, and if they found out, the fuzz will attack my house to arrest me for smoking it.

Draft saved Draft deleted