1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

See Rock City?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mooninite, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Mooninite

Mooninite Member

So I'll be headed down I-75 on vacation next week and one of our stops on the way to Florida will be in Chattanooga.
    Always saw the barn roofs that said "See Rock City." I looked at the attraction's website and it's like $16 to get in. Anyone been there and is it worth it?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's OK.

Don't do the maze. It's sucktacular, especially in 100-plus heat. Might be better if you've got some kids with you.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

Rock City's definitely worth your time, but you can skip nearby Ruby Falls. Plenty of other good stuff in Chattanooga, too.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Namely, the aquarium.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The aquarium is awesome. Chattanooga is a nice place to stop.

6. Mooninite

Mooninite Member

We're only doing a day in Chattanooga, may opt for the aquarium. Then it's off to Cape San Blas, Fla.
    I appreciate the input ladies and gents.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If you live somewhere without mountains (or have kids), Rock City can be kinda fun. Otherwise pass. The aquarium is very good, and if you have kids there is the Creative Discovery Museum about a block away (and just down the hill from the minor league ballpark.) Lots of good eats downtown, I'm partial to Sticky Fingers for ribs.

And San Blas is an underrated (and uncrowded) treasure, even if you do have to go through suckass Port St. Joe to get there.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shit. I thought this meant Damn Yankees was reuniting and touring again.

Draft saved Draft deleted