1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Secret Serviced

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

You magnificent bastard.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

"My girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!" "In a row?"

Also, on another message board I frequent, people are legitimately blaming Bill Clinton for this.

3. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

"Hey try not to suck any dicks walking across the parking lot!!!"

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Damn, whatever your political allegiances, we are talking about the security of the POTUS; what if it turned out that a prostitute grabbed the POTUS schedule and he was gunned down because someone let her into the room and she passed it along? Sucks for the whole country, not just one side of the aisle.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

All the same the RWSM is going batshit berserko (more than usual) over "Obama's secret service taking over a whorehouse."

Yeah, I am sure the Head Pimp In Charge set it all up.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Up to 20 people now.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/secret-service-scandal-broadens-more-military-personnel-might-have-been-involved-in-misconduct/2012/04/17/gIQA9EouNT_story.html?hpid=z1

Story says the agents are GS-14s. I work with several 14s and a few 15s. To think they make more than secret service agents is insane.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What does that mean in layman's terms?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. JackReacher

It's the govt pay scale. Goes up to GS-15.

Which makes me wonder, why people who are charged with protecting the President, are only 14s and not 15s. You'd think that job would be worth of a 15.

I work with a 14 or 15 (not sure) who wears football jerseys to work once a week during the fall and he makes as much, if not more, than those secret service agents. What a country.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the people in charge of those guys are the next pay grade up, no?

10. JackReacher

I think the story said senior agents are 14s.

Also, every pay grade (again, up to 15) comes with several steps with increased pay. For example, a GS-15, step 1 makes less than a GS-15, step 4. I believe people move up a step each year.

The scale can be easily found online if anyone wants to see how much money we're talking.

11. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I could be wrong on this, but I've applied to a slew of federal jobs. All positions have GS ranks, but the GS rank's salary for one position is not seem to necessarily be equivalent to that GS rank's salary for another, at least from what I've seen.

There are something like 10 steps in the scales. A GS 11 on the ninth step would make more than the GS 12 on the first.

12. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Yeah, locality pay is yet another factor. So is danger pay.

But I do think different positions have different salaries. I've applied to writer/editor positions that are the same city and GS rank as PR positions and they have different salary ranges listed, and those are different than my correctional officer brother-in-law's salary.

The foreign service has different salaries (different for diplomat than financial management officer, and so on) but I think theirs is a totally different scale that goes down as you move up.

(All this points to is that I've applied to far too many federal jobs.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.