1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Secret Santa Emergency

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Nov 3, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Folks, a PM got lost in cyberspace and someone who wanted in was not included. I have told said person that I would get them in...I've had a couple others state they wanted in, so I've contacted them after the fact.

This is to say anyone else who missed it and wants in has about 10 1/2 hours to PM their info and gift suggestions to SecretSanta. I will draw for the newcomers when I get home from work.

Thanks for anyone who joins in late...I promise it's fun. :)

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I'm in :D

3. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Had a Secret Santa thing going in my single's group at church 20-some odd years ago.

The girl who drew my name dropped out.

After realizing I wasn't receiving anything for a few weeks, a couple of the girls in the group took it upon themselves to send me stuff once in a while. While I felt better, it still sucked donkey balls.

I've never tried a Secret Santa since. :p

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I promise it can't be worse than that!

5. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Last year, my Secret Santa was outstanding. I'm probably the only person in Austin sporting a Minnesota hockey t-shirt. I like both of the shirts they sent, but I love that one. Wear it all the time.

This kinda makes me want to jump in for this year.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Don't fight the urge, UT! I know the people who have expressed interest that I've contacted are all good people.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

If anyone knows Write-Brained in real life, please ask him to log in when he can. I don't want to hold the re-draw for two weeks if he's on hiatus or something.

If not, I'll give it another day or two. He hasn't logged in for a couple days.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

This isn't real life?

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

This being said I've already got a great gift lined up up for some lucky SportsJournalists.commer. Methinks they'll like it! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted