1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Secret Santa 2016: We're on!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Secret Santa, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I got my gift several days ago (and I think it had probably been in the post office for several days before that.) I delayed opening as punishment to myself for mailing late. I also sent myself to bed without dessert, so hopefully things are square.

I did finally open it this morning and boom, sweet ass t-shirt from a very cool looking bar. Thank you, Santa!

Vombatus likes this.
  2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The place I used sent me a customer satisfaction survey today - for a gift that won't be delivered until Tuesday. They won't like my answers. But my recipient will be happy when it finally arrives.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The year you drew me for SS, our mailman asked who "KYSportsWriter" was, but they had no issue mailing it before Christmas.

4. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Santa says you are square.

A box arrived for me with a t-shirt, jersey, stocking cap and calendar. Very awesome and worth the wait.

Many thanks.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Mailman probably assumed it is some kind of lubricant-based-fetish thing.
    Which is what the rest of us assume.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Ya know, I never really thought of that when I signed up -- or any of those times I changed my name in the past. Oh well.

:D

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Nah. Postal carrier, above all, sees KY written on everything.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I got a sweet-@ss VCU sweatshirt today.

Thank you, Santa!

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I was just thinking, I've gotten some cool gear via Secret Santa through the years-
    George Mason, Johns Hopkins lacrosse (one of my faves), The Varsity, South Florida and two Georgia HS football championship shirts.

Now this super cool VCU hoodie that I'm rocking at work for a self-declared casual Wednesday. (Rare day of 100 percent in-office hammering the task list. No meetings!)

Vombatus likes this.
  10. Secret Santa

Secret Santa Member

So everybody got their secret gifts?

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I got mine, and I believe my giftee received the variety pack of locally sourced specialty food items.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I received your wife's nuts! And the rest of the goodies. The garlic and onion almonds were really good. The squash salsa was surprisingly good.

Draft saved Draft deleted