1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Secret Santa 2016: We're on!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Secret Santa, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Secret Santa

Secret Santa Member

Ho Ho Ho, SportsJournalists.com!

For those who wish to participate in SJ's holiday rite of passage, please send me your name (or handle) and mailing address you'd like the gift shipped to as well as suggestions on the kind of gift you'd like to receive.

We'll cap the gift amount at $25. I will send everyone their giftee by Nov. 27, which is a week from today. That gives everyone about three weeks to mail their gifts.

Happy Thanksgiving, SportsJournalists.com, and Happy Holidays!

Secret Santa

Vombatus likes this.
  2. Secret Santa

Secret Santa Member

I haven't gotten any responses. Has Secret Santa run its course here at SportsJournalists.com?

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You're fired!

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Maybe posts on some of the other boards would help? I visit Sports & News and Journalism Topics much more often than I do Anything Goes and I've missed out on Secret Santa before because of that. Hopefully mods would allow an off-topic post there for the purpose of rounding up a bigger crowd.

5. Secret Santa

Secret Santa Member

We have our first participant! Thanks!

Who else is in?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  6. Secret Santa

Secret Santa Member

We've got our second participant! Thanks!

7. Secret Santa

Secret Santa Member

Who's up?

8. Secret Santa

Secret Santa Member

We've got our third participant! Thanks!

9. Secret Santa

Secret Santa Member

We've got our fourth participant! Thanks!

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Santa, I love you and this may doom me to a block of coal: but no need to update us every time someone joins. Update us at the end and all will be good. Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho and all that.

Also, I'm in.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

For the record, and Moddy can confirm this because he helped in the Secret Santa account set up, Vombatus IS NOT the one behind the scenes orchestrating this.

Secret Santa has been vouched for, can be trusted, and is good to go, and is NOT ME! (In case anyone feared that and was holding back on joining.)

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Anyone else join yet?

Vombatus and Spartan Squad like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted