1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Second child coming - what am I in for?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Mar 14, 2014.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Congrats, Rhody!

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Word for damn word.

(And congrats, Rhody!)

3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Congrats Rhody!

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I took a three-hour nap this afternoon and my 18-month-old STILL ran me so ragged thereafter that I am completely fucking shot. So Rhody you're a braver man than me. Congrats!

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Congrats, Rhody!

Just so you know, I'm expecting big things out of Rhody 2 because when I first glanced at the thread title it registered in my brain as "Second Coming."

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Mazel tov, again!

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Congrats!!!

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I hesitate to say it will be easier, because you never know what issues a kid can bring. One of my friends had their first kid and it was the easiest, best-behaved baby you've ever seen. The second kid was colicky and was the complete opposite.

As others have said, you likely won't freak out every time you put the kid down like you may have done with your first. How old is your firstborn?

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

To me, what makes it harder, though, is that when kid No. 1 arrived, there wasn't a bull-in-a-china-shop toddler/preschooler rampaging through the house simultaneously.

Rhody, do you have dogs? We would have never gotten dogs had we known better.

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Rhody!

11. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

First born is 2 and a half. She was awesome in the hospital, but I imagine that will change on e the baby comes home.
    I feel like our apartment is a powder keg once that happens. We're in the process of building a house - should be done by the end of April - so it's going to be tight quarters until then.
    The first kid was a dream - she slept a lot, rarely cried. I was also working late nights, so my wife would feed her at 10, I'd feed her at 2, my wife would feed at 6 when she got up to go to work and I could feed at 10 and go about my business. Since I'm not working, I'm in charge of all of that so I'm wondering how long it will be til I want to jump off a bridge.
    Tell you what though - that look on my daughter's face the first time she saw her new sister was friggin awesome.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ, this. We got our dog a couple of months before we found out we were pregnant with No. 2. Never would have done it had we known.

Draft saved Draft deleted