1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SEC women's tournament

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JayFarrar, Feb 25, 2009.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Who is coming the SEC women's tournament next week in Little Rock?
    I'll be there and I was wanting to post amusing running threads on the hotness of the intern help and how many Diet Dr Peppers people could drink in one day.
    You know, typical SEC running thread material.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm guessing the AJC and the Tennessean will not be there. :)

3. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Yeah. Um, have fun with that. :)

rb

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

SEC interns do tend to run hot.
    I might learn how to post pictures just for the event.
    Of course, I'm kinda wondering who will actually be here.
    SEC says they've been flooded with requests, but a fair chunk of the major SEC player papers don't intend on covering it.

5. Mizzougrad96

Since Arkansas isn't really driving distance from anywhere other than maybe the Mississippi schools, I really wonder how many of the hometown papers will cover this at all.

Georgia - Athens, Macon, Atlanta - Will be surprised if any cover it.
    Tennessee - Knoxville, Chattanoogo, Nashville - Probably Knoxville
    Florida - Gainesville, Orlando, Jville, Tampa, St. Pete - Almost certainly no one.
    Arkansas - Obviously all the local papers will be there.
    Ole Miss - I'm assuming Memphis will be there. Clarion Ledger? I don't know.
    Mississippi State - Maybe someone from Memphis covers both Mississippi schools.
    LSU - Baton Rouge? Maybe. Times Picayune? I doubt it.
    Vandy - Not if the Tennessean isn't going.
    Auburn - Maybe one person from the Birmingham paper goes to cover both Alabama schools. Same deal for Mobile. I doubt Montgomery or any of the other smaller papers go.
    Alabama - See Auburn...
    Kentucky - I would tend to doubt they'll be anyone from Louisville or Lexington there.
    South Carolina - I seriously doubt The State or any of the locals make that trip.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Well, as poin would say, pics or GTFO.

However, I seem to recall someone posting similar type pics from a similar type event in the past (perhaps the same SEC tournament even?) that weren't thought of too fondly by the mods.

I won't be offended if you PM them to me, though. ;D

7. Mizzougrad96

Just guessing, but I would bet there will be better looking women in the stands at the SEC men's tournament.

8. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

No chance in hell AJC covers it. They haven't even been staffing UGA home games and didn't staff the UGA game vs. Clemson at Gwinnett (suburban Atlanta).

The real question is whether they will staff the women's subregional in Gwinnett.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Fixed.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Wait a second, Jay, one more post and you owe us an updated story!!!! I'll get the popcorn ready.

11. Mizzougrad96

How many papers travel with a women's college hoops team regularly (all or most) for non-NCAA tournament games? Knoxville used to. I'm guessing a few of the Connecticut papers do. I could see one of the NC papers doing it for either NC State or Duke. Anyone else.

12. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

I'd guess that not counting Arkansas and Memphis papers, there might be five other (non-student) papers there.

Draft saved Draft deleted